Washington Health Alliance is proud to partner with Motus Recruiting in its executive search to find an Executive Director.
OVERVIEW OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR ROLE:
This position offers a unique opportunity to join a well-respected organization committed to transforming the health care system in Washington state and impacting work nationally. Success in this position will be evaluated based on achieving the organization’s key strategic goals through strong and broad collaborative efforts.
Salary for Washington Health Alliance Executive Director: $250,000
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
In partnership with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides leadership in defining and articulating the vision and strategic initiatives of the organization, creating and prioritizing the near-and long-term goals, and establishing the performance metrics to accomplish them. The Executive Director serves as the key ambassador and spokesperson for the Alliance to advance the mission and vision of the organization for all groups locally and nationally. This leader is a policy catalyst and advocate for change for improved quality and affordability of health care. Through deep relationships with Alliance members and stakeholder organizations, the Executive Director seeks collaborative program opportunities to advance the organization’s goals.
The Executive Director ensures the Alliance is structured and operates to sustain and advance the organization by developing and inspiring a high-performing team. This leader is responsible for maintaining and growing the financial resources needed to promote the organization. Most of the organization’s revenue comes from annual dues support from 185 member organizations across the state. Some revenue is generated through grant support, sponsorships, and convening activities. A key goal for the new Executive Director is to continue creating new, diverse revenue streams that allow the organization to be less dependent on membership dues.
- Execute effectively against the organization’s Annual Plan and budget created in partnership with the staff and Board of Directors.
- Be the key spokesperson for the Alliance that can advance the vision of the Alliance through positive representation with all groups.
- Be a policy advocate and catalyst for change in the quality and affordability of health care.
- Through collaboration with members and stakeholder organizations, seek collaborative program opportunities and manage multiple, conflicting demands for resources.
- Ensure the Alliance is structured and operates to sustain and advance the organization’s goals by developing and inspiring a high-performing team.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key state and national agencies and organizations.
- Maintain and grow the financial resources needed to promote the Alliance’s vision through memberships, grants, contracts, and other funding sources.
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory, Master’s degree preferred – preferably in business, marketing, or health care administration.
- At least 15 years of experience leading organizations to accomplish major initiatives while exhibiting strong financial performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and working with many types of individuals with differing styles.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to network with all levels in an organization to develop and capitalize on relationships.
- Ability to communicate the goals, accomplishments, and current work of the Washington Health Alliance clearly and accurately to all key audiences.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding growth and other budget goals.
- Outstanding customer service ethics and high expectations for quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually or with a team while effectively managing multiple competing tasks and needs.
- Excellent organizational skills with superb follow-through on many competing tasks.
- A sense of humor.
- Computer proficiency (PC-Windows preferred) in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Have a proven track record of developing new revenue streams
- Have the experience, content knowledge, and skill set that enables them to readily understand and converse about the mission, vision, and work of the Washington Health Alliance, as well as health care delivery and performance in Washington state
- Enjoy contacting new people and interacting with current members, persuasively engaging them in the work of the Alliance to achieve the organization’s Mission and Vision
- Exhibit an openness to new ideas and suggestions offered to advance the organization and then fashion the best ideas for operational implementation
- Be a policy advocate and catalyst for change in the quality and affordability of health care locally and nationally
- Have professional experiences that point to accomplishments in motivating a small team to high performance
- Show evidence of ways to positively engage a multi-stakeholder community Board of Directors, comprised of very senior business and health care leaders.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.