Aligning Quality Measures: Can We Measure What Matters More Efficiently?, July 15, 2021, view recording here.
This webinar is designed to help purchasers, providers, and health plans identify ways they can take action to more efficiently measure what matters in Washington state. View presentations here:
- Alicia Berkemeyer, Executive Vice President, Chief Health Management Officer, Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield; and
- Dr. Rebecca Etz, Director of the Larry Green Center at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Dorothy Teeter, brings both a national and regional policy perspective as a former Senior Advisor at the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation before acting as Washington State Health Care Authority Director. Dorothy led the panel discussion highlighting the opportunities in Washington state to measure what matters more effectively with:
- David (DC) Dugdale, MD, MS, Medical Director Value-Based Care, UW Medicine,
- Drew Oliveira, MD, Senior Executive Medical Director and Population Health at Cambia Health Solutions, Regence BlueShield, and
- Tony Butruille, MD, Family Physician, Cascade Medical, Leavenworth, Washington.
A recently issued report from National Academies of Sciences, Education, and Medicine, recognized that primary care is the foundation of a high performing health care system, “is crumbling,” and outlined steps to improve it in the consensus report, Implementing High Quality Primary Care: Rebuilding the Foundation of Health Care. At this webinar co-sponsored by the Washington Health Alliance (Alliance) and Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA):
- President of the Milbank Memorial Fund and one the report’s co-authors Chris Koller, outlined the steps Washington state can take to improve primary care through payment reform;
- HCA Director Sue Birch reviewed the progress on the state’s Multi-Payer Primary Care Transformation Model;
- Director of Health Plan Performance and Strategy Laura Kate Zaichkin described SEIU 775 Benefits Group’s approach to improve primary care;
- Benefit advisors Alex Rule, Western Region of Healthcare Strategy at Gallagher and Brent Schlosstein, Founder and Senior Partner at TRUEbenefits LLC, shared their views of the important role employers play in the transformation; and
- Alliance Executive Director Nancy Giunto provided take-aways for providers, health plans, and purchasers.
- Julia Adler-Milstein, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Director of the Center for Clinical Informatics and Improvement Research, University of California, San Francisco
- Vishal Chaudhry, Chief Data Officer, Washington State Health Care Authority
- Cathie Ott, IT Strategic Advisor, Washington State Health Care Authority
- Elya Prystowsky, Executive Director, The Rural Collaborative
- Jeremia Bernhardt, MD, Iora Health
- Randy Coughlan, Director of Population Health, Embright, LLC
From Impossible to Implementation: Mobilizing Collective Action Around Social Determinants of Health, January 21, 2021, view recording here and these materials:
- Sara Singleton, Principal, National Alliance to Impact the Social Determinants of Health; and
- Alison Poulsen, Executive Director, Better Health Together.
Driving Health Care Value One Step at a Time!
By Washington Health Alliance’s Karen Johnson and Bree Collaborative’s Ginny Weir
January 21, 2021
Value-Based Care Summit, November 12, 2020, view recording here and these materials:
- The Transformation of Health Care: The Moral Determinants of Health by Donald Berwick, MD, MPP, FRCP;
- Where Are We Now HCA’s Value-Based Purchasing by Washington State Health Care Authority Director Sue Birch, BSN, RN, MBA, and Chief Medical Officer Judy Zerzan-Thul, MD, MPH;
- Value-Based Care and the Future of Care Delivery in America by Chief Strategy and Chief Research Officer for Leavitt Partners, LLC, David Muhlestein, PhD, JD; and
- panel discussion presentations by President of Optum Western Washington Lloyd David, President-West of Landmark Health Rebecca Kavoussi, Chief Administrative Officer at Eastside Health Network David LaMarche, MBA, and Kaiser Permanente Washington’s Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Strategy Karen Schartman.