The Role of Employers in Health System Reform
One of the key elements of health reform in 2009-2010 was the engagement of employers pushing for needed change to the system. Since that time, employers have increasingly become active in working to control their health care costs as purchasers, while also engaging in policy conversations to improve the system as a whole.
Washington Health Alliance Executive Director Nancy Giunto will join a panel of thought leaders and experts to discuss the impact employers have had on health care reform and what that will mean for the future of system improvement. Topics will include:
- the role of Washington employers in shaping the health care system;
- the policy areas that have the most potential to see reform;
- the issues that cause employers the most tension;
- the impact of COVID-19; and
- where employers should look for partnerships to support systemic change.
- Rick Abbott, Co-founder and CEO, Lyn Health
- Patrick Connor, Executive Director, NFIB Washington
- Lindsay Harris, President, Healthcare Management Administrators
This session is from 1:15 to 2:05 PT on January 6th at the State of Reform being held virtually.