Transitions for the Alliance Board of Directors
The enduring strength of the Washington Health Alliance is in large part attributed to senior health care and business leaders in Washington who accept leadership roles on the Board of Directors because they care about collaborating around ways to drive quality and cost transparency and to improve health care affordability for all in our state. We benefit tremendously from their deep knowledge of leadership, governance and fiduciary responsibilities, and their commitment to always look for the ways to advance the Alliance’s mission and vision ahead of their individual business self-interest.
I am delighted to announce the addition of three new members to the Alliance’s Board of Directors, Dr. David Carlson, Kim Collier, and Dr. Imelda Dacones.
- David Carlson is Chief Physician Officer and Senior Vice President Provider Enterprise for MultiCare Health System (MultiCare). He joined MultiCare as Senior Vice President Provider Enterprise in May 2017. In this role, Dr. Carlson developed and leads the vision and strategies for MultiCare’s System Provider Enterprises that ensures a vibrant future in our rapidly changing health care ecosystem. Beginning in August 2018, Dr. Carlson assumed an expanded role as the Chief Physician Officer and SVP Provider Enterprises for the system. In this role, Dr. Carlson has oversight of the system providers and works in partnership with the SVP and Chief Quality, Safety and Nursing officer on patient safety, risk and quality.
- Kim Collier is Vice President, Human Resources for Puget Sound Energy (PSE). Under her leadership, PSE is focused on talent retention and attraction, employee experience, and ensuring PSE has an inclusive culture and diverse workforce who can meet the needs of all customers. Prior to PSE, she held executive roles inside and outside of the utility industry. From 2009 to 2016, she served as deputy director of Seattle Public Utilities, where she was the Officer responsible for human resources, environmental justice and service equity, safety and HR operations, and data management. Prior to that, she was director of human resources for Cox Communications in Phoenix, Arizona. She’s also held roles with The Dial Corporation and Motorola.
- Imelda Dacones is President of Optum Washington. Dr. Dacones is a nationally recognized leader in driving value-based care innovation and a long-time advocate of the Quadruple Aim. She joined Optum from Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW), where she most recently served as President and CEO of Northwest Permanente (NWP) and chair of the National Permanente Executive Committee. In these roles Dr. Dacones modernized business functions, grew the KPNW footprint, drove innovation, and fostered clinician and team member engagement.
This news is bittersweet. As we welcome these new board members, we also express our deep appreciation for those who are leaving and moving on in their respective journeys:
- Lloyd David, Western Washington Group President for Optum with leadership responsibility for both The Everett Clinic and The Polyclinic;
- Todd Hesse, Vice President of Sales, Account Management and Business Development, Kaiser Permanente Washington; and
- Christopher Kodama, President and Chief Executive of Embright, LLC.
We thank them for their immeasurable contributions to the Alliance and wish them well.
All the best,
Published: April 5, 2022