Shining the Spotlight on our Members
I am a firm believer in the power of the collective and in the synergy and success that comes from collaboration across stakeholder groups. It’s not just a founding principle. It’s been an integral part of the Alliance’s mission and approach to work for the past 16 years.
Our members are terrific about acknowledging our successes and I would like to return the accolades. Please join me in congratulating these Alliance members who have been recognized by others for their accomplishments:
- Jane Hoyt Buckner, Benaroya Research Institute (BRI) President at Virginia Mason was named as one of Puget Sound Business Journal’s 2020 Woman of Influence. In addition, BRI announced that it had received an additional $5.8M in grants from the National Institutes of Health to support several COVID-19 research initiatives.
- Zabrim Jenkins, Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel at Starbucks was honored as a PSBJ 2020 Woman of Influence. Last fall, Jenkins was appointed by Governor Jay Inslee to the Central Washington University Board of Trustees. Jenkins received her Business Administration degree from CWU.
- Kathy Lofy, State Health Officer and Chief Science Officer at the Washington State Department of Health received the Washington State Medical Association President’s Unsung Hero Award at its Annual Meeting last month for her extraordinary service to the profession, making Washington state the best place to practice medicine and receive care.
- Parker, Smith & Feek was recognized as a Best Practices Top Performer in the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America Best Practices Study Group, not only retaining their Best Practices status for the 15th year, but earning the additional designation of being the highest performing agency in its revenue category.
- Raj Singh, CEO of Accolade, was awarded the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) 2020 Hall of Fame Award from the Academy Awards of Digital Health. Accolade was also in the news recently for using a mobile app to provide around-the clock support to its 1.7 million members and identify those at high risk of mental health challenges.
These are just a few examples of acknowledgements to a handful of our stellar Alliance members. Please pass along your newsworthy third-party recognitions to Senior Communications Manager Leslie Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can all join in the celebration and amplify your success.
Thank you for sharing your gifts with us. If you have any questions about how to make the most of your Alliance membership benefits, and/or would like us to facilitate an introduction, please contact Director of Membership and Business Engagement Theresa Lampkin Tamura at email@example.com.
All the best,
Published: October 8, 2020